Friday, March 19, 2010

On the road to recovery


Since Juanre was discharge from the hospital on the 14th of Feb 2010. She had a lot of pain. I could only give her Panado syrup and Ponstan Syrup 10ml's of each every 6 hours. She could drink something that had stimulants in that wouldd trigger the epilepsy.

Every night my husband and I had to clean the wound. It was so traumatic for her she screamed like mad. But we had to do it. After about 14days the first 10stiches had to be taken out by a doctor. And oh boy was he so clinical. And cold as ice. He just told her to shup up because I am not hurting you. She scream: "Mommy!! Mommy!!" and everytime the doctor put the stiches she screamed. My husband and I and the lady that worked at the reception had to hold her. She is very very strong. I was so upset. Aftr about 15 min it was over. My husband asked the doctor if we can not give something for Juanre to calm her. He just replied "No" I was in a state.

We went home and I gave my little girl a calm pill that the doctor in Vereeniging precribed because when we got home from Vereeniging Juanre had 3 seisures due to al the anxiety and happyness to be home at last. The calm pill Urbanol work very good.

Two days after all the trauma with the stiches Juanre had a seisure it was because of all the trauma she when through the doctor told us. I was in a state.

A week later we had to remove the rest of the stitches. and thank the Lord our little town has a Dr Ellis. He said I must give her some medicine that he prescribed and it worked. She was so calm. She cried but not as much as the first time. When all was done she even told him: " Thank you "

So we went home and she recovers very well.

2 comments:

  1. It is so sad to hear that docters that are suppose to help people can be so rude and don't consider one's feelings. I am glad to hear that your child is okay!
    We also live in a small town far from big cities with no help at all. I have 4 children and 2 of them have autism.I work endlessly hard to do my own research and my children are improving by the day, thanks to God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sonja, I keep you in my prayers that is all we can do.

    ReplyDelete