Tuesday, October 9, 2012

2012 What a good Year.........January - March

Today I decided to have a look at my blog. I really do not get the time to follow it so carefully. :( But today I saw some comments and I realized that there are wonderful people out there who really just wants to know they are not alone in this world with a Autistic child. So let me start with January 2012 so our school started and Juanre was so eager to go to school she event went with me the day before it started I wanted her to see the new and bigger classroom she was happy she went to her own desk because she saw her name and picture she went to fetch some educational toys and built the tower of the castle. and then it was fine. So she went to school but now there were more children and the bigger classroom to overwhelming for her. She just couldn't handle it. She started to throw the toys and the wooden blocks at the teacher and the classmates and I was afraid that she would hurt one the children. So we stopped her school. We wanted the the school to make a plan but there was no plan. Juanre works very very well one on one.
Ruben her youngest brother is fine. He loves the classroom. He was a bit shy in the beginning but he is fine. He brought a wonderful Progress Rapport back home. But his speech still had some work to do. We booked our month at SNAP the previous year so we were going in March 2012
The week before we went to Cape Town. Ruben was playing Nintendo Wii he loves the technology but Toy Story had so much flashing in it and my husband and I didn't like the game at all. We said he mustn't play it so much. The following morning I was busy getting our stuff ready when one of the maids that works for us just said: "Mam" and I went to see what was wrong and there Ruben had his fist Epileptic Seizure. I was in a state. I was yelling and crying because why why my baby too his sister has epilepsy and now he has it too. I phoned Lourens and he was devastated. We were so sadden by this. I had an appointment with the Pediatric Neurologist in Panorama for Juanre. So once again the Lord provided that I made the appointment in advance for Juanre and that made the door open for Ruben. So we went to SNAP on the 21 of March 2012 of we went to Cape Town.
We were traveling the whole 1200km from Kuruman. When we got there we drove through trees. and the flickering of the sunlight triggerd Rubens 2nd Seizure we were driving in the traffic when it happend. Thank the Lord for Lourens jnr. He kept his cool and just let Ruben lay down on his left side. It was so frightening to see Ruben getting it. The Lord provided again. I met the most amazing friends on Facebook on my Facebook page. Autisme Noord Kaap. I phoned a friend to help us to stay for the night. Because I was so excited to go to Cape Town that I got all my dates mixed up. I thought we were booked for the 22nd of March at The Lapa close to SNAP but it was only for the 23rd of March. So my dear friend had her apartment available to us to stay. Isn't the Lord great. So the Sunday we woke up and we decided to do some site seeing. We gave Ruben Rescue to calm him a bit. Oh Boy that was a bad idea. He had his 3rd seizure just seconds after that Rescue. I phoned the emergency number of the Pediatric Neurologist and she phoned me back that was amazing because I thought that she wouldn't phone us back. She send us to a pharmacy that is open 24/7 and they helped us with Epilim for Ruben. So now we were so scared that he would fit again and the poor boy had to close his eyes every time we went through some flickering.. No TV no Ipad No Cellphone games. Shame.
We went to Strand and even there we were worried that he would fut again because of the waves and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment